Margaret Ann Unplugged
I am a nature loving, dog walking, Smoky Mountain hiking (as often as possible), always up for a fun time, traveling, dancing 64 year old.
In my inner circle, we call ourselves the Sexy, Smarty, Bad Asses. Because, well why not. It makes me laugh.
Having a good time with family or friends is what brings me joy. I have learned to be grateful for the little things like great conversations over coffee, the moon rising on the horizon, beautiful sunsets, watching the birds, waking up feeling peaceful, and laughter, because they really are the big things.
Experiencing anxiety in the past, I know how painful it is to constantly worry and be controlled by fear. So, I walk my talk to live a healthy full life without anxiety. I know how hard it can be especially in the beginning to make time for a healthy diet, exercise or even to take the time for therapy sessions.
I promise you, the tools you will be learning will make everything so much easier. It doesn’t have to be an uphill battle.
You too can enjoy life again and discover who you really are without anxiety and feel peace.
Credentials and Experience
- Highly trained in the treatment of anxiety and women’s issues
- 4 decades of experience with women and anxiety
- Licensed Psychotherapist
- Masters Degree
- Level 2 Certified (highest level) EMDR treatment specialist
- Training received by EMDR founder Francine Shapiro
- Over a decade of experience in Clinical EFT
- EFT trained by its founder Gary Craig
- Director of a multidisciplinary health care team of 35 members
- Governor Appointed, Chair Professional Licensure Board in TN
- Adjunct University faculty graduate and undergraduate level at University of Virginia and East Tennessee State University
- Southwestern Medical Center
- United Healthcare
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- John Deere
- Baxter Healthcare
- TN State Government
- Quillen College of Medicine
- State Conference Presentations
- TX Association of Addiction Professionals
- National Association of Social Workers